Upcoming LEAP Workshops & Events
Communicating with a loved one who has a mental illness will never be quite the same as it is with other people. Why? Because they don't think the same.
That doesn't mean it always has to be a confrontation, though.
Bob Krulish lives successfully with a serious mental illness, and is certified by several organizations (NAMI, WRAP, LEAP) to teach better communication skills and in this special workshop he will teach you the secrets to effectively communicate with your adult child.
Are you tired of feeling like you're always in conflict with your child? Do you feel like you can't ever say anything right? Do the never-ending arguments leave you feeling depleted and even sometimes doubting yourself as a parent? Does the conversation go side-ways every time you bring up their mental illness or medication? Is there a better way?
You're not alone!
And, the good news is it doesn't have to be this way. Join us for a comprehensive workshop where you will discover:
- Trigger phrases and questions that can turn any conflict into a conversation. Have you ever said, “Did you take your meds?” and that turn out to be a huge fight? There is a better way.
- Skills to open the lines of communication. Learn why just asking your child “How are you doing?” causes conflict and learn a better way to find this out.
- The “Miracle Question” that will show you your child’s motivation for change which might lead them to take their medication for their own reasons.
- How to use the LEAP (Listen, Empathize, Agree and Partner) skills taught by Dr. Amador in his bestselling book I’m Not Sick, I Don’t Need Help.
- And so much more....
Select the Date/Time that is best for you:
- October 30 at 1:00 Pacific - Hosted by NAMI Snohomish, NAMI Whatcom and NAMI Skagit County (Register here)
- November 13 at 1:00 PM Pacific - Hosted by NAMI Eastside, NAMI Seattle and NAMI South King County (Register here)
- Dec 11 at 9:30 am Pacific - Hosted by NAMI Thurston-Mason & NAMI Yakima (Register here)
- Jan 29 at 9:30 am Pacific - Hosted by NAMI Pierce County (Register here)
Disclaimer: This website is not a replacement for professional diagnosis, medication, or therapy. The advice and coaching we provide is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered medical, legal or financial advice. We ask that you seek the advice of a licensed medical professional before making lifestyle changes or deciding upon the right treatment options for you, your child or another ill family member.