Upcoming LEAP Workshops & Events
Communicating with a loved one who has a mental illness will never be quite the same as it is with other people. Why? Because they don't think the same.
That doesn't mean it always has to be a confrontation, though.
Bob Krulish lives successfully with a serious mental illness, and is certified by several organizations (NAMI, WRAP, LEAP) to teach better communication skills and in this special workshop he will teach you the secrets to effectively communicate with your adult child.
Are you tired of feeling like you're always in conflict with your child? Do you feel like you can't ever say anything right? Do the never-ending arguments leave you feeling depleted and even sometimes doubting yourself as a parent? Does the conversation go side-ways every time you bring up their mental illness or medication? Is there a better way?
You're not alone!
And, the good news is it doesn't have to be this way. Join us for a comprehensive workshop where you will discover:
- Trigger phrases and questions that can turn any conflict into a conversation. Have you ever said, “Did you take your meds?” and that turn out to be a huge fight? There is a better way.
- Skills to open the lines of communication. Learn why just asking your child “How are you doing?” causes conflict and learn a better way to find this out.
- How to use the LEAP (Listen, Empathize, Agree and Partner) skills taught by Dr. Amador in his bestselling book I’m Not Sick, I Don’t Need Help.
- And so much more....
Select the Date/Time that is best for you:
- May 21 at 9:30am Pacific - Hosted by NAMI Skagit, NAMI Snohomish County & NAMI Whatcom (Register here)
- July 16 at 9:30am Pacific - Hosted by NAMI Yakima, & NAMI Walla Walla & NAMI Chelan/Douglas & NAMI Eastside
Aug 13 at 9:30 am Pacific - Hosted by NAMI Multnomah & NAMI Clackamas (register here)
Sep 10 at 09:00 AM Eastern Time - Hosted by NAMI Greater Cleveland (register here)
Disclaimer: This website is not a replacement for professional diagnosis, medication, or therapy. The advice and coaching we provide is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered medical, legal or financial advice. We ask that you seek the advice of a licensed medical professional before making lifestyle changes or deciding upon the right treatment options for you, your child or another ill family member.